Monday, September 12, 2005

Back to the test Dennys in running in Houston

Back to the test Dennys is running in Houston. Alice is leaving next Wednesday (she's staying at the Hyatt downtown, not the Holiday Inn) and will be gone until late Sunday. This will be the first time she's left the baby, and the first time I'll be left alone with the baby. I'm not sure which one of us is more freaked out.

Now I'm already "the baby wants you" parent, so crying and puking and poop don't really worry me that much. Having no support system, nobody to "hey, watch her for a second, will you?" around does. I'll probably puss out and ask Dad and Bonnie to come down for the weekend--I not only won't have to take care of the baby while they're here, Bonnie probably won't let me within ten feet of her. She's the uber-grandmother. Dad and I can sit on the couch and watch football and drink beer like there's not even a baby in the house. And that does appeal.

How on God's green earth do single parents do it?

-Andy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home