Thursday, September 08, 2005

I've got this great nib

I've got this great nib. It came off a 1924 Parker Duofold Senior I bought for parts. It's a signature stub with a lot of flex--really rare on a stub and rarer still on a Duofold. And I really love writing with this nib. But I just can't find a pen for it. I put it in my best hard rubber Big Red Duofold, but I started using it too much and was risking a cap crack. So I put it in a Jade with average color, but that wasn't a good enough pen for this nib. I put it in a Thompson Mandarin replica my wife gave me several years ago, but it didn't seem right to put a nib that good in a replica. I put it in a nice black Permanite Duofold, but found myself leaving the pen in the case because black Duofolds are so boring.

So the nib is sitting in a drawer now--it's too dangerous for a mint pen and too good for an average pen. I should probably sell the damn thing.

-Andy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home