Saturday, September 10, 2005

About a year ago I got the Audi airborne by accident

About a year ago I got the Audi airborne by accident. Jeremy from the warehouse was getting married and I was on my way to the church (and running late) when I took a railroad crossing too fast and got the front end of the car airborne. There were no warning signs about the railroad crossing being dangerous like "no gooseneck trailers" or anything, but as I crested it I saw it drop off suddenly on the other side and I knew I was in trouble. The car came crashing back down and I knew it was not going to be good.

Sure enough, within five seconds the oil warning lamp came on and I coasted into a convenience store parking lot. I got out and got down on my hands and knees to look under the car. The oil pan was completely gone--I ripped that sucker all the way off. So I called the Audi 800 number, and waited about an hour for a tow truck to come pick me up. Enough people from the plant passed me and stopped to see if I needed help that by Monday everyone knew what had happened. Suffice it to say I took some shit.

Apart from the oilpan the damage was relatively minor, but the car was in the shop for about a week waiting for parts to come in. The first day I had it back Bernard called me in the afternoon and said I'd better get out front quick and look at my car. I thought it had burst into flames or something, but when I got out there all the guys from the warehouse were standing around it and laughing their asses off over the confederate flag and "General Lee" they'd taped on the roof.

Things like that make you feel that you might be a pretty good boss.

-Andy

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny stuff

11:58 AM, September 13, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home