Friday, September 09, 2005

I really should sell the MG

I really should sell the MG. I mean, I haven't even turned the engine over in at least six months, let alone drive it anywhere. It just sits there in the garage under its shroud mocking me. I should probably at least try to fire it up this weekend. And I probably won't.

I used to love that car. A 1958 MGA, Healey blue, blue leather interior. Top down on a fall day, wind in your hair, downshift to brake, the sound and the smell of the engine...man I loved that car.

But the master cylinder needs replacing. Drove it to work one day and lost the brakes on the way home. You could pump the pedal a few times and get the pressure back, but it was more than a little unnerving. And my driveway is so steep, I got afraid I'd lose the brakes going down to the street. So I left it in the garage to fix one weekend. And I just never have got around to it.

Alice keeps bugging me to get rid of it. I could probably get $14-15,000 for it. It's a beaut. All it really needs is a seal kit on the master cylinder. But I haven't been willing to sell it, because I love it so much, and I haven't gotten around to fixing it because I'm afraid that if I do I won't love it as much anymore. I don't know what to do. So it'll probably sit there a while longer.

I probably could put the baby seat in it, but I doubt Alice would let me.

-Andy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home